The number you choose will depend on the type of calls that you receive.
- If you are using the number for a sales line then a Freephone 0800 or 0808 number would give callers the most incentive to contact you.
- If your callers are likely to be using a mobile phone then it is best to use a geographic number (beginning with 01 or 02) or a UK national number beginning with 03 as these numbers are included within bundled minutes and would be a cheaper call as the majority of mobile phone operators charge for Freephone calls.
- For general contact a 0845 is often the best choice as it is a standard local call rate when dialled from a landline.
- For support lines we recommend a 0844 number which can earn your business a small revenue for the calls received.
- For technical support lines you may like to consider a 0871 or 09 number which can generate a revenue for the business. Please note that these lines are regulated by PhonePay Plus and there are guidelines for their use. We would be happy to assist and advise you with regard to these lines.